Hit for average? Hit for power? The Andrew McCutchen Bat AM22 Pro Model wood bat allows you to control both with authority. This maple baseball bat features a thick tapered knob and handles to balance out the wrath of a large, explosive barrel.
- AM22 Turn Model – Built For Andrew McCutchen Of The Philadelphia Phillies, But Adapted For Youth Players. Creates A Bat With A Medium Handle And Barrel Size. Allows For A Balanced Feel With A Little Longer Barrel.
- Approximate -3 Length to Weight Ratio
- Balanced Swing Feel
- Handcrafted From Pro-Quality Maple Wood
- Pro Cupped End Helps Improve Weight Distribution & Ensures A Hard Piece Of Wood
- Flared Knob
- Medium Handle
- Pro Ink Dot Certified For MLB Approval
- Colorway: Cherry Red (Maroon) Handle | Black Fog Barrel
- Bone is Rubbed To Tighten The Grains Of The Bat & Create A Harder Hitting Surface.
Get the cream of the crop when it comes to wood-bat quality! Marucci is dominating the wood bat sector of Major League Baseball, and this Andrew McCutchen Bat is testimony to that dominance. In addition to this McCutchen bat, every Marucci bat is cut, calibrated, balanced, buffed, and lacquered.
Marucci uses top-grade Maple billets cut from selected, naturally-grown trees. The bat is cut to shape, and Marucci uses high-quality staining techniques to ensure an excellent finish. But most impressive is the Bone Rubbing technique that they use. “Boning” bats began in the earliest days of baseball with players like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
These Hall-of-Famers would spend time rubbing their bats with old cow femur bones in the clubhouse. Bone Rubbing closes the wood`s pores, compressing it and making it harder. This is testimony that Marucci takes the same pride in their bats as our baseball heroes once did.